Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dreams of Crossing the Street

Dreams about Crossing a Road
Well why did a chicken cross the road? Why did you in your dream?
In the dream, you had to get to point A to B. Two distinct points. In the middle of it is the possible danger of cars passing through or getting run over. It could also be an empty road leading nowhere or a road with a vanishing point. Still, in the dream you still manage to cross the street.

Dreams about crossing a path are not limited to roads or streets, you could also find yourself dreaming about crossing a bridge.

The possible explanation for this dream about crossing over are the following:

A Need for Transition
• You need to transcend certain issues in your life. A painful break-up, losing someone, childhood trauma.
• There are matters in your current situation that threatens your sense of security. Losing your job, health issues, financial losses.
• You need to bridge a gap from these two focal points. “Point A” may be a good starting point leading to “Point B” a new stage in your life.

Your Connection to Others
• You are crossing the road to reconnect with your roots
• To find your way back to someone you love
• To abandon a period of estrangement with a loved one
• To bridge a generation gap or misunderstanding

A Need to Conquer the Unknown
• Your curiosity is getting the best of you and you want to face your fears- the other side of the road, what is up ahead and unknown.
• You are letting go of past demons now and moving forward into an unknown future.



Here is one of my dreams a year ago about crossing the street:

This infamous person from our local circle, let's call him Bubblegay was eating at the restaurant apparently waiting for me. He was getting impatient with the menu now.

It is night time, and I am across the restaurant at Julia Vargas Avenue trying to cross the street. But I can't. The cars are at full speed ala Nascar. A large, beefy guy and his wife of African descent are now next to me trying to get across as well. The street suddenly turn empty of the blurring flurry of cars. We cross together. The cars appear almost instantly, I can't see them, but just feel the draft of the vehicles as they pass by me. I am not worried about getting hit. I'm more anxious about my meeting at the restaurant. I wake up.

---

This snippet was the tail end of my dream. I recall my dream being longer and fluid, having more twist and turns. But upon waking as usual I forgot everything, but I remember the feeling of the dream whenever I tried to recalling it today. It felt in the dream I was solving something to get out of a predicament. But the same predicament kept presenting itself again, unveiling these awkward scenarios whenever I succeeded in getting out.

I know Bubblegay, not as an acquaintance, but a figurehead in my age set who strive in the same field. But in his case, he is thriving. I haven't really sat down long enough with him in real life to say we are friends. We're just two people with the same kind of ambition, who know the same group of people and perhaps the same world.

What possibly cause him to be in my dream? A person from his group is to trying to acquire something I have, for a little less amount and for a short span of time. That has equally stressed me yesterday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have dreamt about crossing the street with my grandma, because she needed to get to point B. She soon has to have surgery...and she has had a heart attack before, so her heart is weak and it is scary she needs anoher surgery. I guess I'm very worried about her? There were cars on my dream, but I was trying to cross. The thing is, I woke up before finishing the dream, almost upset at the fact that I didn't get to point B before I had woken up.